Call for Nominations for the 2019 Board of Directors
As per Section 11 of our Bylaws, all members in good standing are eligible to put their name forward for a Director position on the Yellowknife Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
We currently have 3 vacancies for 2019.
What Are The Nomination Criteria?
- As per Section 22 of our Bylaws, you must be able to commit to attending 10/12 monthly Board Meetings per year in person
- You must be able to commit to approximately 5 hours of volunteer work per month
- You must be able to attend our mandatory Board orientation meeting on March 12th from 12:00pm to 3:00pm
- You must agree to work within the guidelines of our Conflict of Interest Policy
How Do You Apply?
Interested individuals are required to submit a formal Expression of Interest that outlines:
- Your previous 5 years of employment history,
- Your previous Board and volunteer experience,
- Your policy and advocacy interests and experience,
- Areas where you have subject matter expertise, and
- Why you are interested in joining the Yellowknife Chamber of Commerce
Potential candidates are required to sign their Expression of Interest and to have it validated by obtaining two signatures from any two member businesses.
For a full list of our 395 Chamber Members, check out our online business directory, here.
Please send your Expression of Interest to Deneen Everett, Executive Director at:
ExecutiveDirector@YKChamber.com by 9:00am on January 10th, 2019.
Please note that late or incomplete Expressions of Interest will not be considered.