February 26th from 11:30am to 1:00pm
at the Explorer Hotel (Kat C)
11:00am: Doors Open
11:30pm (sharp!): AGM Call to Order
12:30pm: Lunch will be served
This is a Members Only event!
To pay your 2020 membership dues, please contact the Yellowknife Chamber of Commerce: 867.920.4944
Seating is limited, based on venue capacity.
RSVP Required: Admin@YKChamber.com
BYLAW UPDATE ALERT!
We will be recommending that the membership approve new bylaws for the Yellowknife Chamber of Commerce.
We hired Chamber Member, McLennan Ross, to review our bylaws and recommend changes to ensure we're compliant with the Boards of Trade Act.
Other changes were made to enable us to apply for Accreditation through the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
Notable changes include:
- The addition of section 1.03 Core Definition. A requirement for accreditation that confirms the values of Chambers of Commerce
- An update to section 3.01 Eligibility and Acceptance. A requirement to be in compliance with the Boards of Trade Act that requires our membership to approve members at quarterly General Membership Meetings
- The addition of Article 4 - Associates and Associate Status. A requirement to be in compliance with the Boards of Trade Act that introduces a new type of status for government departments
- An update to section 5.18 Conflict of Interest to ensure alignment with internal policies
- An update to section 6.03 General Meetings. A requirement to be in compliance with the Boards of Trade Act that clarifies the role of General Meetings
- An update to section 8.02 Indemnification to protect Board Members and clarify insurance requirements
- An update to section 8.13 Prepared Audit to provide clarification on audit requirements
Download our proposed updated bylaws here.