|Disasters are unpredictable — but critical support shouldn’t be. The average small business loses $3,000 every day it remains closed due to a natural disaster. To help restaurants recover in times of critical need, GEN and DoorDash have partnered to launch the Restaurant Disaster Relief Fund in Australia, Canada and New Zealand. The fund supports restaurants impacted by natural disasters like fires, floods, and hurricanes, and provides relief through $10,000 grants.
Who is Eligible?
Applicants must meet all of the below criteria, as listed in the Terms and Conditions, to be eligible for this opportunity.
- Be a for-profit restaurant, gastropub or bakery with a brick & mortar location in Australia, Canada or New Zealand that:
- Has experienced a loss in revenue as a direct result of a natural disaster which occurred within the last 12 months;
- Be experiencing hardship due to a government-declared natural disaster* (see below)
- Has 3 or fewer total locations with 50 or less employees per location
- Has been open for at least 6 months
- Have revenues of $3M or less per location in the last 12 months
Applications must be submitted within 12 months of the declared disaster. Grants can be used to cover expenses directly related to an eligible disaster.
Applications for Round 1 of the grant must be submitted by September 29, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET.