Learn About Canada Revenue Agency's Liaison Officer Service
December 1st at noon
Presented by Jordan Carr
- Understanding income, GST/HST and payroll taxes;
- online services and tools that are available to assist in business endeavours; and
- common tax errors to avoid.
How to Complete a SWOT Analysis and Strategic Goal Setting
Presented by KWB Accountants & Advisors
You’re invited to a webinar and Q&A on "How to Complete a SWOT Analysis and Strategic Goal Setting," for business owners taking place on Wednesday, November 9 from 12-1pm MST on Zoom.
You’ll benefit from demonstrations and examples of:
- The steps to take to effectively determine your current strengths and opportunities, weaknesses and threats
- How to use your completed SWOT analysis to develop strategic goals and a plan for achieving them
Grab your lunch and join Alison Colton, ONSight Advisory Manager at KWB Accountants & Advisors, for this webinar and Q&A opportunity to help you achieve more in your business.
COVID 19 Vaccinations for your Employees
Presented by Field Law
December 9, 2021 from 12:00am to 1:00pm
Free for all members!
- Ayla Akgungor
- Tessa Gregson
- Business owners have been navigating the COVID-19 pandemic almost two years. With the Government of Northwest Territories implementing a proof of vaccination program for businesses, new questions now loom. The biggest question being, as an employer, what considerations need to be taken into account when it comes to instituting policies regarding employees and the COVID-19 vaccination? This issue is a new and developing area, prompting much and debate amongst business owners and HR departments alike.Join Field Law’s Ayla Akgungor and Tessa Gregson for a webinar that will discuss:
- Can an employer require that employees be fully vaccinated?
- What are the competing considerations?
- How can this requirement be implemented , including:
- In what circumstances is an employer required to provide an exemption?
- What sort of accommodations must be made?
How Quickbooks Online & Cloud Accounting Improve Business Performance
Did you miss this session?
Improve Business Performance with Quickbooks Online and Cloud Accounting Tools
Learn how to effectively use Quickbooks Online by customizing your setup, integrating it with related apps, and using the information it provides to make better business decisions. In a one-on-one session with Shelley Ricketts, Cloud Accounting Manager at KWB Chartered Professional Accountants, you will learn about:
- time savings
- cost savings
- how to upload, download, and store receipts electronically
- how to simplify payments and receipts
- multi-use capabilities
- and apps that integrate to save you more time and improve your bottom line
Contact KWB to schedule a discovery session and learn how KWB will work with you to customize your cloud accounting ecosystem to suit your business needs and goals, and how you will receive training and support to make sure you benefit from these tools.
Presented by KWB Chartered Professional Accountants and Supported By Intuit
November 18, 2021 from 10:00am to 11:15am
Free for all members!
- Shelley Ricketts, Cloud Accounting Manager, KWB
- Richard Ouellette, Partner, KWB
- Jessica Kentch, Strategic Business Development Manager, Intuit
KWB’s Quickbooks ProAdvisors will share how to effectively use Quickbooks Online (QBO) by discussing how to customize your setup, integrate it with related apps, and use the information it provides to make better business decisions.
During this session you will learn about:
- Time savings from using QBO;
- Cost savings compared to other options;
- How to upload, download, and store receipts electronically;
- How to simplify payments and receipts;
- Multi-use capabilities;
- Other apps that save you time and improve your bottom line.
About The Presenters:
Shelley Ricketts, Cloud Accounting Manager, KWB
Shelley completed her NAIT Accelerated Accounting Certification in 2001 and is also a Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor (QBO Advanced Certification and QB Desktop Certification).
Along with many years of public accounting experience, Shelley was a self-employed contractor providing bookkeeping services and software training for 20 years and gained invaluable experience and exposure to a wide range of industries. She knows what it means to be a business owner and to be passionate about what you do.
Shelley has been with KWB for a long time! Starting out as a contractor in January 2011, she took a leap of faith and joined the team full time in October 2018 as their newly appointed Cloud Accounting Manager. She wears a lot of hats in this role but her favourite space is finding and supporting cloud based solutions for business owners that make their lives easier!
Shelley has two wonderful, witty sons who take pleasure in the fact they get to call her ‘shorty’. She also has the cutest little Frenchie named “Mango” who excels at being a couch potato as well as providing endless entertainment in the midst of Zoom meetings.
Outside of work, Shelley loves to spend time camping, hiking and just getting out into nature. She also is passionate about horses (she owns 3!) and enjoys trail riding and getting out into the mountains when she can.
Richard Ouellette, Partner, KWB
Richard graduated from the University of Lethbridge in 2003 with a Bachelor of Management degree. He articled and worked at a few national accounting firms and then obtained his Chartered Accountant (now Chartered Professional Accountant) designation in January of 2006. He joined KWB in November 2007.
Richard has been working with small and medium size businesses for approximately 20 years, and as a business owner himself, he understands the needs and pain points of small business owners. He’s thrilled to help our clients operate and grow their businesses efficiently while working together strategically to achieve their goals.
On his personal time, Richard enjoys traveling, playing music (he’s a drummer), golfing, biking, working out, and spending time with friends and family.
Introducing Yellowknife's Newest Job Bank: Free For Yellowknife Chamber Members
June 3, 2021 from 11:00am to 12:00pm
Raven Web Services is excited to launch the Handy Job Site – a locally owned job bank tailored to meet the needs of Northern employers.
The Handy Job Site provides a comprehensive recruitment tool – create informative job advertisements, manage multiple job postings and review applications all in one place!Search engine optimization and integration with Google job search means that your job posting will be widely distributed, and with over 1,000 weekly users (and the site hasn’t even launched yet!) – the chances of finding the perfect employee are higher than ever.
During this interactive webinar you’ll learn:
• How to create an employer account
• How to create your first job posting
• How to review and manage applications
• Additional tips and tricks for promoting job posts