CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2024 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
As per Section 11 of our Bylaws, all members in good standing are eligible to put their name forward for a Director position on the Yellowknife Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
We have a number of vacancies for 2024.
What Are The Nomination Criteria?
- As per Section 22 of our Bylaws, you must be able to commit to attending 10/12 monthly Board Meetings per year in person (held over lunch, approx 1.5hrs)
- You must be able to commit to approximately 5 hours of volunteer work per year in addition to attending board meetings
- You must be able to attend our Board orientation meeting in March.
- You must agree to work within the guidelines of our Conflict of Interest Policy
How Do You Apply?
Interested individuals are required to submit a formal Expression of Interest that outlines:
- Your previous 5 years of employment history,
- Your previous Board and volunteer experience,
- Your policy and advocacy interests and experience,
- Areas where you have subject matter expertise, and
- Why you are interested in joining the Yellowknife Chamber of Commerce
Download a copy of our Bylaws, here.
Download a copy of our Conflict of Interest Policy, here.
Please send your Expression of Interest and resume to Melissa Syer, Executive Director at ExecutiveDirector@YKChamber.com by January 22, 2024.